Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 20, 2008

    What a weekend!

    It has been a great weekend. Saturday was relatively normal which is always a welcome change. We had an invitation from Scott and Vanessa Montague to join them and a few folks for bar be que. We are never ones to turn down food, especially when someone else is preparing it. We were pleasantly surprised at how many people showed up. The Henrys, The Pages, Ms. Pat, the Adams, The Gatlins, and Scott's parents were there. The girls took their swimming suits and had a great time with the other kiddos in the pool.

    Scott and Vanessa have apparently done this before because he put out a spread you couldn't even imagine. The brisket was too tender to use a knife - it just fell apart - and the boudin was the best I've had in years. People also brought a wide variety of homemade deserts and I am not willing to risk offending anyone, so I tried them all. I will have to take my hat off to Steve and Stacy's homemade peach ice cream...words escape me.
    I thoroughly enjoyed just hanging out with everyone and talking about nothing that really mattered. This is a great group of people and it was a great pleasure to spend the evening with them. Now I just have to work off the added pounds...
    It was another awesome Sunday! Our morning worship services were great as God showed up again. We witnessed more changed lives with two baptisms. Then, two more families joined. God is faithful and we must keep expecting Him to be there. Words fail me when I try to express to other people the work and wonder God is revealing to us at Fellowship. Words just can't describe how inspired we are and how revealing God has been. There is such a feeling of oneness and togetherness at Fellowship.
    We find proof in the little things...for instance, we had somewhere around 30 people show up to softball practice this afternoon...30 people! It was so obvious that it had very little to do with softball, but people were enjoying the time together...the Fellowship is what mattered.
    I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but Fellowship 59 is such a blessing. I wish you could see what I see from the platform: People with their heads back, eyes closed and hands in the air worshiping God. There is such a sense of worship and joy in the room! It is unabated, pure, heart-felt worship.
    GIGATT!
    ATTGIG!
    Blessings,
    Pastor Michael

    No comments: