Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 27, 2008

    Ready for another 30?

    Wow! I can’t believe it has been a year. I look back over the last 12 months and am just amazed at the work God has done. I am unbelievingly blessed and it has been the best year of my life. We have found friends and co-laborers here and we just stand in awe of how God is using all of us to further His kingdom. I am eternally grateful to be a part of what is happening at Fellowship…

    What amazes me most of all is that God uses me. As I said last night, it is so important that we remember God qualifies us to do His work. Our preparation is to be faithful in our obedience.

    I had the chance to visit with my first pastor today. Jerry Scott was the man who introduced me to Jesus when I was a teenager and he was my pastor through High School and beyond. I am honored that he will be conducting part of my ordination ceremony later in August. This past July, Brother Jerry celebrated his 30th year as Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Uvalde. I asked him what his secret was and he said it had very little to do with him. Brother Jerry believes the reason he has been there for 30 years is because of the loving people within the church. He described the body at First Baptist Uvalde as a loving, caring, and forgiving group that accepted him for his gifts and his faults. I can truly say that God has blessed me with just such a family. I thank you for allowing my family and me to come alongside you and join you in the ministry that was well underway before we got here. I thank you for loving us unconditionally and I am grateful for how you have welcomed us into your homes and your lives. I look forward to celebrating our 30th year together…

    1 comment:

    PapaWes said...

    Your family at Fellowship senses the same awe of being in the middle of what God is doing. That rocket DID take off, so hang on!