Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 13, 2008

    Sunday

    It has been another blessed day. From the moment I woke up until now (it is 11:15 pm), it has been a whirlwind of activity.

    The services were God-led this morning as I pray they are every morning. It was clear God was revealing truths to people and the people who came forward were seeking His guidance. But the blessings did not stop there. We had a Deacon's meeting that was great. We will be preparing a list of eligible men and their families for the church to consider calling as Deacons. Our growth necessitates adding Deacons as the work will only increase.

    We had a business meeting to start Fellowship 59. We voted to contract with Bailey Elliott to complete our upstairs finish out. The hope is that we form a long-term relationship with them and they move from one project to another.

    We also approved buying a house that sits on adjoining property. This purchase will give us a new driveway onto the loop and will increase our exposure across from two schools. It also gives us a great opportunity for a singles ministry location and more Sunday School space which we desperately need.

    Fellowship 59 was awesome. Pastor Tim was back from preaching in Lometa this morning and he brought an excellent message on unity in the church. Tim is a blessing to me and to this church. I am thankful to have him.

    To top it all off, I am one week shy of the halfway point in my current Seminary class. I got a paper turned in with an hour to spare tonight, although I have actually had it completed since Thursday. I have been waiting on feedback and a grade from my last paper before I turned it in...I finally got that today. God is good!

    I have said it before and I will say it again - I wish every day was Sunday. In reality, it can be and to an extent, it should be. We should prepare every day for God's direction and guidance. Sunday should only be the beginning and not just a day all by itself. If we approached every day with the same spiritual mindset as we do on Sunday, how much more powerful would we be for God? Can you imagine the Kingdom work we could accomplish if we actually denied our purpose in the work week and replaced it with God's purpose? Challenge yourself! Pray that today when you go to work or school or wherever you go that God reveal to you the person He has placed in your path. There is someone in your life you are supposed to witness to...I just know it! Live every moment like someone is watching you...they are. They want to know what makes you different. They want to know the reason for the hope you have...they want to know and you are there to tell them.

    Glory!

    Pastor Michael

    1 comment:

    Hollis Baker said...

    Your blog looks great. As you can already see, it takes some time to keep it rolling. You have included many neat things on your blog that I need to know how to use on mine. Keep on keeping on.

    Hollis