Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 24, 2008

    What a week!

    I am glad the weekend is almost here...there is a lot going on and I am ready for it!

    Before I go one step further, a huge CONGRATULATIONS to the Fellowship Baptist Powderpuff Football Team. In a very loving and Christian manner, they put a whooping on Crestview with a final score of 20-6. The girls and their coaches put in a lot of hard work and it paid off.

    If you missed the game, you not only missed a stellar performance, but you also missed a very special guest speaker. Stephen McGee, the Texas A&M starting quarterback was on hand and gave a testimony during halftime. Stephen talked about courage on and off the field. He spoke about having the courage and share our faith.

    The Youth will be having an event at Darwin Wigger's place on Lake Buchanan. I have been trying to think of a catchy name for it and I am almost there. See if you can finish it off for me:

    Youth At Buchanan At Darwin's All Boys And Dames Overeating

    I know its a stretch, but I just can't get that last word! Anyway, the Youth will be heading to Darwin's for a lake day and fellowship. So far, there are about 8 boats going to pull kids around on tubes. The fishing is also good and I know the food will be great.

    As always, I am excited about Sunday. The message this week is from Acts 12 and deals with a prayerful church. Take a look through Acts 12:1-11 for a little study time and begin prayerfully preparing for His word.

    Wayne has had a bunch or requests for the Praise Team to play Sunday morning, so that is what he has decided to do. Get ready to lift your voice in worship...while you are at it, invite someone to church this weekend.

    Speaking of the Praise Team, Fellowship 59 moves to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday. We made this move at the request of a lot of parents...moving it up just 30 minutes will help when school rolls around and kiddos are needing to get home and get that last minute homework or project finished. So show up a little early and enjoy coffee and fellowship with us.

    Do you remember the ministry sign up sheets we gave out a couple of weeks ago? We have put it all together and distributed it out to the Ministry Team leaders. If you signed up, you will be getting a call from someone to serve in the coming weeks. We have a lot of work to do and everyone's help is needed. If you don't get a call in the next week or two, please send me an e-mail and I will check on it for you.

    The rain today has been wonderful. There is something about the smell of a summer shower that relaxes and rests you. The rain is part of God's awesome promise to us, that it is not sent without the promise of causing the Earth to bud and flourish. So it is with God's word. We are to be in His word, studying and learning. Just like the rain, God's promise is that His word does not return empty, but it causes us to grow.

    As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:10-11

    What an awesome promise! We serve a mighty and powerful God, one who causes it to rain and the one who sent His only Son.

    Praise Him!

    Pastor Michael

    No comments: