Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 7, 2008

    That was a little too easy

    I just created this blog and I really didn't intend to. Tim and I were talking about adding blogs to the Fellowship web site earlier today so I have been cruising around the web looking. I looked at Hollis Baker's blog (which I really enjoy) and looked up his host...easy as pie, here I am blogging.

    The intent of the blog is like any other blog...to provide a running commentary of what is going on at church, at home and in my personal life. What I really hope to do is share what God reveals on a daily basis. So, let's get started...

    Yesterday was another glorious Sunday. God blessed us with awesome music from my good friend Ken Matney. Ken wrote, composed and recorded a song for his parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Ken asked the Fellowship Praise Team to play on the recording. (I think the big deal was getting Rick Cox to work his magic in the sound booth which makes all of us sound good.) Ken posted the song and the Power Point show on You Tube...click here to see and hear it. It was a great song for our July 4th Sunday celebration and we were blessed to have Ken share it yesterday.

    We saw more people join the Fellowship revival and my friend Mike Ogden answered God's call on his life. Mike will be entering the ministry and we celebrated this decision with him.

    Today was Monday all day long. Mondays are typically a little hectic around the office, but it is a blessed sign of growth and God's activities. Our growth has presented some unique challenges. For instance, we have some gifted teachers feeling the pull to teach Bible Study classes but every last square foot of space is already in use! The Youth are meeting in the Sanctuary, the portables are all in use, the Men's class is meeting in the kitchen, and we have at least 4 classes that need to split. What an awesome blessing! We are working with a contractor to get the upstairs built out and this will give us an additional 15 classrooms with space for 400 more. You know what is most exciting? I believe God will fill those rooms and we will continue to struggle for space...I can't wait!

    We also had an organizational meeting for Fellowship Fest and a Fall Revival which are set for the first week in September. Watch the web site for info.

    Yesterday I preached on the need to be silent in our prayer. We need to hear God. I believe He is literally waiting on us and he has the answer for every question, every need, and every request. We just need to listen, trust and obey. That doesn't mean His answers will always be what we want them to be, but He has the answers.

    When you pray, spend a little time just being still and knowing He is God. Be attentive to Him. Be comfortable in your silence with Him. He wants you to have peace, he wants you to have rest. He wants you to have the life He has promised.

    Study the 23rd Psalm. Read it through. Meditate on the words. Visualize the green pastures and the still waters. Thank God for His many blessings.

    In Christ,

    Pastor Michael

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Enjoying the blog...I look forward to more devotionals!